August 11, 2011

Dressed Up Micro Fiber Dish Mat

This is just a quickie tonight. I wanted to share a fun and practical project I created based on a tutorial I found on Sewplicity.
I am not a real quilter (it just seems overwhelming to me) but this looked like it would be something I could handle. I tweaked it a little and am very pleased with the results.
I changed the base of this dish mat from a towel (as was shown in the tutorial) to a microfiber mat because I love the way it soaks everything up.
I used fabrics I had and decided to angle everything. Then used double wide bias tape to give it a nice finished look.
Now when I have my glassware draining I don’t feel the kitchen looks so messy. I think it looks so much better than the blah microfiber mat I had been using.
dish mat 1dish mat 2
I just entered her her “O’Tinsel Contest” contest in the hopes of winning. What do you think? 
The contest ends August 12th – I’ll let you know how I did. Keep your fingers crossed – I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You won the O'Tinsel Contest! Please contact me with your mailing address so I can ship it out to you!

    ReplyDelete